We went on quick trip to Nauvoo, Illinois with Grandma and Grandpa Andersen last weekend. Despite some weather and illness issues – we enjoyed seeing the sites very much. I love the atmosphere in Nauvoo – it is so peaceful and the scenery is beautiful. I like to imagine myself there in the 1840’s. Could I have been one of those pioneers? No indoor plumbing, limited resources, no modern medicine…? What would it have been like to be forced to leave most of your belongings and your home behind and head into the wilderness for a place unknown? I wish I had as much courage and faith as these people!
On a wagon ride through the city – we did this right away when we got there.
We stayed at a really neat hotel – forgot to get a picture. There was a cute store/deli next door.
David was trying to do his homework for his digital photography class – his assignment was to take a picture of a building – what building is more beautiful than the Nauvoo Temple? I love standing in this spot in front of the temple and seeing the Mississippi river surrounding the area. Amazing!
Amy doing what she loves best – playing in the dirt!
No comments:
Post a Comment